Saturday, May 30, 2009

So the baby birds are nearly ready to leave the nest. Check out the one sitting on the nest, debating whether to take the plunge. I think he must not know how to fly, otherwise he would've flown off as the mama bird did, because I had to get pretty close to get the picture.

We had a busy day today; Matt spent the day fighting the vines in the trees around the edge of our yard. He cut down a lot of that growth and piled it all in the firepit. We'll leave it there for a week or so, allowing the deer to eat the greenery, then we'll burn it one weekend when they're calling for some light rain. Then he cut the grass. Our yard looks awesome!

I pulled out a bunch of my lettuce from the garden - it was just too close together for good leaf development. However, I did salvage enough for each of us to have a salad. And it was good, not bitter at all. Matt seemed a little suprised when he asked "did any of this come from the garden?" and I replied that all of the lettuce had. Now I'll have to hit the nursery to find something else to plant in its place - maybe some kind of nice perennial. My lemon balm plant is simply taking over. I brought it home in a 4-inch pot last year and it has to be 24" wide by 18" tall at least!

Tomorrow we will be visiting Matt's family to celebrate his younger sister's 18th birthday (which was actually yesterday). So I guess I'd better get back to laundry and cleaning today!

No comments:

Post a Comment