Saturday, October 3, 2009

The *Real* Week 5 Day 1

Last night we did the first workout of week 5; though it really was the second time we did it. Sunday or Monday we'll move on to the next workout for week 5, which I'm rather apprehensive about:

  • 5 minute warmup walk (15 for us)
  • 8 minute jog
  • 5 minute walk
  • 8 minute jog
  • cool down walk
I guess we'll see how it goes. I hope I can talk Matt into going tomorrow instead of Monday. It would be nice to go when it's light out instead of having to carry flashlights in the dark.

We've truly been having some beautiful weather here lately - highs near 70, no humidity, cool breezes. Evenings/nights have been in the fifties, and usually when we go running in the evenings it's around 60 degrees.

I was really surprised last night by how much better my lungs seem to be doing on the longer jogs. We actually did an extra minute or two on the first two jogging segments to take advantage of the downhill terrain in a few places. We prefer jogging down hills (with short quick steps, almost like balancing on a rolling log) to walking down them, and it kinda feels wasteful if we walk down one :). There was one time I would've kept going except that I got a side stitch. Even with that though, my breathing wasn't gaspy the way it used to be. I suppose I actually am getting more fit, which is a good feeling. Another plus - I started tracking my weight again, and I discovered that I've actually lost a couple of pounds this week. I've gotten back to watching my portions (I usually make decent choices, but I have been indulging in treats a bit too often and the portion size has crept up on me). So that's a very good feeling. And I measured my waist, chest and hips today as a benchmark. I'll do that once a month to track my progress. After all, I want my winter clothes to fit nicely because I cannot afford to replace them all :).

To those of you who have left comments and started following my blog, thank you. I feel like it helps keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment